1° Open International Forum on mobile technologies for social inclusion
First Open International Forum on mobile technologies for social inclusion Barcelona 20-21 November 2012.
It will be focused on analyzing and raising awareness about the needs and mobile-based solutions for groups under risk of digital exclusion in LATAM (low-income and isolated communities, chronic patients and people with disabilities). Relevant stakeholders from all over the world will participate providing their expertise from technological, social and politic-economical perspectives.
The M-Inclusion awards for “Apps4Change” Challenge Program 2012, which recognizes groundbreaking mobile solutions for social inclusion, will take place during the conference.
More information in: http://www.m-inclusion.eu/news/m-inclusion-launches-%E2%80%9Capps4change%E2%80%9D.
The awards ceremony will coincide with the First Open International Forum, in the context of the Móvil Fórum Conference 2012.
Participation request (just for registered user) is available at:
Objectives of OIF-I
- Bring together and facilitate the dialog amongst key actors in mobile technologies for social and digital inclusion in Latam.
- Analyze the needs of the risk groups in terms of education, health, accessibility and economics needs.
- Identify and analyze the existing mobile technologies and initiatives that can cover the previously mentioned needs.
- Identify the trending mobile solutions relevant for mobile social inclusion.
- Promote awareness about the needs of shortening the gaps of social and digital inclusion in LATAM.
The outcome of this first Open Forum will shape the M-Inclusion Roadmap for social and digital inclusion in LATAM, containing needs for social inclusion focused on the disadvantaged groups represented within the project, as well as mobile solutions based on new existing and trending technologies applied to main scopes for social inclusion (economic, geographic, educational and health inclusion).
The audience of the event will be:
- Mobile Technologies: researchers, developers and technology providers
- End-users associations and communities: Disabled, elderly, low-income, isolated areas, social exclusion groups, chronics, etc
- Political stakeholders: LATAM and European with relevant links to regulatory issues and the market
- Financial and funding actors.
Organizational aspects of the Forum
The Forum will have consist of:
- M-Inclusion Internal Workshops: the end-users and the technical workgroups engaged in the project will work on drafting the M-Inclusion’s Roadmap. This part of the event will be held on Telefónica’s facilities located next to Barcelona’s Forum.
- M-Inclusion First Open International Forum, which will be celebrated in “Centro de Congresos Internacional de Barcelona” (CCIB) facilities under the Móvil Forum Conference 2012 umbrella and Torre Telefónica facilities.
i. Open-Ceremony: Presentation of M-Inclusion Open International Forum Program and presentation of M-Inclusion.
ii. “Mobile Inclusion In LATAM” Conference sessions: all the stakeholders and Movil Forum attendees will be able to participate in 2 sessions about social inclusion through mobile technologies, focusing on how mobile technologies can help to break the digital and social breach amongst people in risk of exclusion in LATAM. Relevant Key speakers of these topics will participate in the sessions.
iii. “Apps4Change” 2012 Challenge Awards.
iv. M-Inclusion Closing ceremony
Where the Open Forum will be placed
Torre Telefónica Diagonal 00
Plaza de Ernest Lluch i Martín, 5
Further details about the location and the schedule in the agenda.